Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hello From Canberra!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to pop in quickly (Im at a public library) to update you on what's going on with us.

Here's what we've been doing:

* We moved in and settled on the Navy Base a couple of weeks ago.
* We attended Army (members with dependants) Induction last Monday.
* We attended my cousin's wedding (Congratulations Lauren & Doug!) in NSW last Saturday.
* Mum, Dad & Laura came down from Sydney for a visit.
* We are starting to network, me (Megan) in particular with army spouses. Weve been to a BBQ, out for coffee, trying to connect into some groups, the neighbours had us over yesterday too. Made a few contacts with the ladies in third class (Mark will do 3rd class for 6 months, then 2nd class until the end of this year and then complete his training in 1st class next year for 6 months).
* We have been visiting a few churches, yesterday we went to church with a 1st class family we had a link with. I will try and link up with the Women's Group at this church, which will be held at this particular family's house.
* We have been working out daily in the pool on our base. Its been warm during the day and then freezing cold at night.
* We have a BEAUTIFUL dog. We adopted him last Tuesday and he has just settled in so quickly. He is the most lovely dog, beautiful nature. He is 7.5 years old, a bit of a mixture os breeds but mainly Bull Terrier and Staffy. He is quick happy to follow either of us round all day and loves to go for a walk in the morning, then sleep the rest of the day - his favourite spot to sleep is on our feet. He loves cuddles, morning walkies, swimming at the lake, playing chasey with the ball (doesnt drop the ball - and gets tired after 5 or so mins) and just being around us. His name is Brutus, but hasnt got a brutal bone in his little body.
* Mark leaves tomorrow for training for 8 weeks. There will be minimal contact, one 10min call every 5 or so days if he's lucky.
*Telstra is SO annoying!! Driving us nuts! Doesnt recognise our suburb as being an actual suburb, hence why no internet. And we wont be able to get it for a few weeks because...

* We're moving, again! I'm kind of happy, kind of annoyed about it... but they are moving us on base at Duntroon, where we were supposed to be in the first place but Defence Housing stuffed up. It will be in 2 or so weeks, so I'll have to do it all on my own. But same deal, they pack for us and move us. And Im moving into the street where all the other spouses that I know are, which is great, not so isolated. Our neighbours will be a couple we've striked up a friendship with. Its a 2-storey town house. Contact us for the new address via my mobile.

So thats us in a nut shell. Give me a call on my mobile if you want, I'd love to hear from people, I haven't heard much from little old Adelaide.

I hope to organise a phone line again and internet in a few weeks or so and I'll have to come back to the library here to check my emails in the mean time anyway.

Until next time, God bless you.

Megan & Mark
xo

2 comments:

  1. Hi Megan,

    Great to hear from you. Just got back from the trip (about a week ago) and found your site. I hope the move is going (or gone by now) well. Bit of a bugger, but I'm sure it'll work out better, and you know that that's all the defence force does... move people around.

    Great to hear about Brutus, I'm sure he's a lovely dog. We're all missing you guys, and I hope Mark gets to call you a bit more often. It must be hard without him!

    Everything in Adelaide pretty much the same. The weather is ridiculously hot, and everyone is pretty laid back.

    Cheers
    Charts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan,

    Well my little darling I think of you and Mark often, Mary was so happy to get a letter from mark.

    Brutus is a real pussycat I guess :)

    you must miss mark

    we love you both

    Love
    Aunty Rose xxx

    ReplyDelete